Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

For today's Wednesday Vignette post, I'm sharing a handful of shots that I took on our recent trip to Disney World. I'm working on paring my photos down to a manageable size to share in future posts. But for now, here's a few shots of the Snow White topiary from EPCOT.

If you've ever been to Disney World, then you know that topiaries are a big part of the park landscaping. They're not the kind of thing that I'm inclined to put in my own garden, at least not on this kind of magnificent, life-size or bigger, scale. I did see a shop with some small topiaries, one in particular of Minnie Mouse that tempted me, but getting it home would have been too much of a challenge. It was fun to wander the park and spot the various Disney characters.



Snow White topiary dancing through a bed of flowering annuals

Did you happen to spot the little creature on her arm? When I noticed it, I was reminded of the scene in the movie where she sings and dances her way through cleaning the dwarves' cottage with a bevy of woodland animals. This particular creature, however, doesn't belong in any woodland.

Looks like an anole. They were everywhere in Florida.


Some of the seven dwarves as topiary, also dancing through the annuals

And, just in case you're unfamiliar with the scene I mentioned earlier, here's a video:



Anna at Flutter and Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Here's a link to her current post.