Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

For my Wednesday Vignette this week I'm sharing some photos of my very first Brugmansia flower this year. It doesn't usually take my Brugs until early August to produce their first flower, but I haven't been the best plant steward this year. Brugs are heavy feeders and need lots of water, and most years I give them what they need. I've kept them watered this year, but haven't been fertilizing them at all. Unlike last year, when I actually knocked them out of their huge pots and replaced a good amount of their soil with heavily amended new soil, this year I just rolled them out of the garage and lined them up on the driveway.

I consider myself lucky to have been rewarded with a flower. There are more blooms coming too. They're more forgiving plants than their reputation says.






Ribbed for your (viewing) pleasure

Anna at Flutter and Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette every week. Check out her blog here.