Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Monday, March 12, 2018

In A Vase On Monday

Today's vase arrangement, if you can call it that, is both minimalist and in a way opulent. I could have cut more Cyclamen or more Hellebores (that's about all that's flowering in the garden right now), but those would have just been repeats of earlier vases, and it's too soon in my participation in this meme for that.

So I cut a stem of my flowering Billbergia nutans (Queen's tears) from out in the greenhouse, one single stem, for my Monday vase. It flowers out there every year at this time, often overlooked by me, because this is a busy time for gardeners here in the PNW. Now I can admire it every time I wash the dishes. I put it with the now-fading-to-yellow Arum foliage from last week's Cyclamen arrangement and one stabby, sword-shaped Cordyline leaf. I threw it together in haste late last night in near-dark, hoping it wouldn't all clash. Perhaps simple green leaves would have worked better with that crazy flower, but for now, it's staying as is.


There are few flowers more colorful or exotic-looking -- it's like a child's crayon drawing

Cathy at Rambling in the Garden hosts In a Vase on Monday, go here and check out her arrangement for today. And check out the many other bloggers who post links to their own.